Thursday, February 11, 2010

A Little Island Affects the World

Futures fluctuated, and it was easy to gain entry entry to the February 2010 490 Call. This was yet again another "perfect example of a trade." We recommended buying it at 15% below prior day close, or lower. It was available as low as 6.20. Top sells by 1:30 p.m. were possible at up to 8.50, for a nice positive 40% return.
The Dow appears entrenched in 9950 to 10,050 and runs up and below it, pending "news" or trigger. Suddenly the value of the USD is affecting (cause and effect) commodities, export, fear in the EU about Greece, and a general unfolding with the EU that they may not make it, and will be bailed out by the stronger nations, such as Germany.

Such a little island, Greece, to affect world economies.

How fragile a world we live in.

I'll pose a question: What if unemployment in the U.S. was always 10 of 15% What would the country be like?

"Tell me and I'll forget; show me and I may remember; involve me and I'll understand."
- Confucius

No comments: