Thursday, April 17, 2008

Good Old Euphoria

Ahh, good old euphoria. Everything is better now:) The bulls began the run. Nervous traders that bought with us last Friday on the May 620C were finally able to sigh with relief, as the option went right to our top projections for over a 60% return, selling to highs of 19.20.

It does not matter what took the market up, or what the talking heads will say. Astute traders knew already that the market was potentially near a bottom from our Dow projections, and that there were several possible moves up.
Yesterday we hit 12,675, above our midrange 12,560 top, and below our 12,780 higher top. Upside could well now continue, but just as soon as we've read what every talking head and child financial analyst has to say the market will shift again, and we'll hit new lows.

Nothing is better, and nothing has changed. It's simply in how the market breathes.

"Floyd, I have learned to not even think about what the news says,and I religiously follow your projections on the Dow, recalculate the support and resistance lines, and keep my emotions out. I'm profitable now 17 of your last 18 recommendations.”
JP, Denver

"My winning streak continues. It’s been nice. I now understand my issue was not trading, it was my belief about money. Now that I am trading 1 or 2 contracts at a time, I have no problem holding for profits and letting things come to me. When I was trading 40 contracts I was always on edge and eager to preserve that which I thought I had. Now I just need to work on my belief that its OK for me to make lots of money, and its no different trading 1 contract than it is 100. I will continue trading and learning. I did actually play the put on the time prior to this that you said you missed. I just used the same concepts you have taught and just felt within that range that we were due for some downturn. I am also now looking to take entry into the put soon as we are now midway through the DOW projections. Thanks for the knowledge."
-Trader PC, Advanced Mentoring

What's next? With the count now biased irrationally to the call market moves upturn could continue, based on whatever "news" and "earnings" affects the market. Thusly, the market remains very high risk to trading.

Our higher risk put trade recommended earlier this week was sold profitably Monday and Tuesday. Traders should NOT have taken inventory in this signal in yesterday's trading if watching futures.

No comments: