Wednesday, May 6, 2009

An Opportunity to be Radical

The Latin definition of radical, which we think of as liberal, or "far removed" is actually "to the root of." What we are experiencing as a nation right now is an opportunity to be radical, and to see things differently.

Whether we accept this or not, and if we change from the financial crisis that we both created and befell us, will be our legacy.

Several comments from subscribers today I thought of value in our teaching:

1. From MR, Level 3


"I see through my notes and observations on self that I do have a tendency to believing data too much (focusing on the trees, but missing the forest) as the market shifts 100 points - not realizing a intraday calculation may be critical - and instead looking at it as sitting on R3 and ready to move back to the pivot..

Also, I've been taking virtual trades a bit too seriously. Getting stressed about... Nothing. Just because I want to do well does not mean I have to flip out.

I realized it's more important to get experience, observe market action, practice placing orders, get used to working efficiently within a streamlined/noise free platform (excell). It's not about "winning" at this point. It's about learning."

2. From BFE, Floydian Therapy, Level 3:

"I have begun making money trading options for the first time. For years I've made just enough to break even, after a year of high drama and fear, or fear and greed as you call it, in which I made my wife miserable, and began almost gambling. I subscribed to 4 services and could barely keep up.

You've gotten to the root of my issues, and I'm day trading like a King. I've paid for my subscription 10 fold emotionally."

3. From VP, Level 2:

Floyd, great call and put trades. I've been profitable now 12 straight, had 8 in a row before that, and two losses. I'm far ahead of the game. I really study the alert, and I like the changes you're making. Think we'll make money on these puts?"

4. From MEF, Level 3:

Your Dow projections are simply breathtaking, Floyd. I am learning to sell right to these projections,and to always leave a bit of money on the table. Your writing me the psychology stuff has really been helpful, even though I fought it for some time, but I am no longer "taking my life out" on the trade.

I'd recommend you to anyone.

5. From DF, Level 2 15 Day Trial

"Please cancel my service. I am looking for just the signal and buy point for 40% returns. This requires much too much of my time."


Yesterday was a classic stall, allowing nothing to happen. What is important is that upside beyond prior support lines did not hold, and the market faltered. We are revising our Dow projections today, after hitting five out of five target tops and bottoms. We believe something is up, and don't know if we'll see larger bumps to new highs, for an extraordinary rally, as high as 8750.....but consolidation should bring health to this rise if being predictable, which the market has not been being, and we could now see bottoms of 8150.

I will not project beyond a week or so, but see no signs of the strength to the market that is helping it rise. It's been great, and for those of us investing at Blue Chip Options in our core portfolio from 7500 and throughout the downturn, we've got some good returns on the "final 1/3" of inventory we had held through the downturn.

Few traders took inventory to the May425C, but it was available for up to 1.00 profits. We keep our open and new buy May410P as a hedge, and because we do not see enough bias in the market to safely justify call trading.

I would rather miss an opportunity to buy than gain an opportunity to lose. When the bank stress information is clearly stated to us we'll see just how much we need to capitalize, and just how fast it's working. My bet, much more capital, but that it is working.

--------------------------------

Floydian Therapy:

More on the Circle of Chaos:

As we “live” we remember what “was” (or our memory of it) and transition what we know to what we are doing, and assimilate more as we “are”. It is during this period of the present that our own circle of chaos begins. We each allow ourselves to live our work, our lives, and be in “dramas’. Most of these dramas do not need to be. Surely, “a brain tumor, or a broken leg” is a crisis, creates a drama. Other dramas that we so quickly enter the circle on only add to our thresholds of input. Every day we have these dramas: Mom needs medicine, Billy broke his toe, John is a meth addict and ripping the family apart, the pharmacy won’t fill the prescription-how you SEE each of these events defines the consequences, by how much drama you allow in it.


There is only so much input any mind or body can take. We each have our overload points. There is the theory of entropy that simply states “the more we handle the more we can handle”, and it drives scientifically into the entire theory of chaos.

Interested in learning how a transpersonal psychologist can work with you by email, for low fees? email : floydiantherapy@gmail.com

No comments: