Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Declare a Fishing Day

The market moved right to 9972 on the theoretical Dow while the market gapped up in the a.m. There may be some slight movement above 10,000, but we believe the volume and intensity of euphoria is waning. OEBKT NOV 21 2009 500.00 CALL bought at 9.60 last week hit highs of 11.60 for a nice 2.00 per contract profit on the upside run.
The USD rose dramatically, yet Gold held. Oil rose. All of these are contradictory market statements, and show again why the count is muted, and confused.

One of my rules of thumb:

* When trading well, trade larger. When not trading well, stop trading. These are very simple rules I use. Another is that if I have been doing extraordinarily well, and have been trading larger, I often declare a "fishing day," that you'll see in the alerts, and I stay offline, away from the news, the market, and from any input as I am beginning to feel "over my threshold." "Over the threshold" means to me that I am over my level of handling stress (a human created emotion) and that I should "stop."

No comments: