Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Foggy Market

Stocks tend to drift up during August, but light trading also occurs and this can magnify the impact of bad news. Because investors are now nervous about deflation/inflation, or renewed recession, worry still remains, and fear is in the background.
The market showed theoretical Dow tops of 10750 and bottoms of 10609. Entry positions were available for both trades. Silver and Gold both dropped.

The market is foggy, unclear, waiting for something.

From trader BA, who just moved to Level 3:

"Floyd,

Thank for the credit to Level 2. I did not know that Level 3 was inclusive of it. I'm enjoying your service. I've been trading Credit Spreads for 5 years and have experienced some of the pitfalls of trading them and having to end up managing them for a loss in-the-money.

So, far I've nibbled at some positions using the guidelines and I am trying not to pay attention to the profits currently, which by the way have been averaging 22% and I've closed out every trade profitably thus far, but rather give my attention to finding out if I stuck with my plan and not allowed emotions to help sway my decisions.

Again, thanks for a good teaching site and for what I've learned thus far in a very short time."


_____________________
I am at loss why we do not understand why the U.S. job market "loses steam" or that we are not stimulating employment. It is obvious, and deep in our retail economy; there are few sectors where the cost of the product is not more valuable to us than the jobs we ourselves have taken away. This is not the "bad companies" doing so, but merely capitalists trying to make money on their capital investment and seeing that the consumer was only willing to "pay less." There is only so much that can be cut in raw materials and manufacture.
Our naivety creates our obesity. "Oh, I didn't know that I had to eat 2000 calories or less, and I never thought."

No comments: