Thursday, April 2, 2009

G20 Excites Us All

G20 excites us all. History is being made in Europe. The market wants to be happy. It's a new quarter, and institutional investors are building portfolios.

And it's rumored Rush Limbaugh has gallstones, hence he's a bit quieter. All of this prompted a strong upsurge back to resistance lines. With the count bias 2, so low, we did not trade yesterday, and continue to see the market has hard to read on the volatility. We'll issue a dual trade today, noting fast trades are necessary, and that holding out for profits often loses them in today's market.

___________________

I have been arrested three times in my life. My proudest arrest was back in the 60's when I was down in Chicago at the Democratic National Convention for Eugene McCarthy's nomination, and the Chicago police were rioting. That's what really happened. For those of you old enough to remember it, the Chicago police rioted against protesters, and many protesters were sent to jail.

After being maced, I was one of them. Loaded in a gurney, loaded in a cell. I was 16. Called Mom and Dad. Dad told me I needed to "learn a lesson."

Four hours later the ACLU got all the 1000's of us out of jail because of the illegality of the arrests.

I took the subway home, beaten down that our Police had brutalized me down horribly, and that my Father had believed I had wronged, simply because of his own political affiliation.

I saw the police physically abuse many, including me, and saw what was a peaceful protest turn ugly. It was a turning point for me in my life. Who was in authority might not be who should be, and because they were, did not make them right....this is what I learned.

The second time I was arrested was in Toronto, where my passport was confused with someone else's, during the 9/11 Bush games, and I was held in an interrogation room for hours, treated like a criminal, while my wife and daughter waited in the airport to head on to our vacation.

So what did this breed in me. How were my perceptions either altered, or created? How can "logic" of the situation, or "the facts" truly influence how I feel I was treated. There are many facts about the Chicago convention of the 60's, and much logic on how we had to do what we did, and are doing, to "protect" ourselves from terrorists.

When people ask me my occupation, another of my favorite questions, I tell them I am a "jihad Buddhist." If they ask more, I tell them I work for the government and am charged with uncovering all the bullshit in the world.

When I act rebellious like this, and question things, what am I really saying in relation to YOU and how you interpret the market?

Swearing will end Friday, and I will return to traditional journalism. Enjoy your time in my sandbox.

As always, your blogs are welcome, as we together learn the emotions of ourselves, and of trading. There are lessons in each of these stories and diatribes, and the harder they are to learn, the tougher it will be for you to trade.



Floydian Therapy:

If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn't part of ourselves doesn't disturb us.

WHAT DO YOU WANT?

The Six Developmental Steps

1. Know Who You Are

2. Know your Assets

3 Know your Liabilities

4. Know Where you Want to Go

(If you don’t’ really know where you want to go, you can’t really start going there)

5. Take Action

• Do not wait until you know where to go - just start.

• It will help you figure where you really want to go

(Most failure takes place from lack of action)

• Evaluate the Action

• Notice what happens

· Refine Your Action


6. Study the effectiveness of the action

· Know where you want to go, take, evaluate and refine the action

As you move forward in defining what you are willing to accept in yourself, simple questions, along with regular “effective releasing”, should be asked of yourself all the time.

Confront yourself. You created you.

Join me if you are interested in Private Counseling with Floydian Therapy:
Write me at : floydiantherapy@gmail.com
Sign up at: http://www.oexoptions.com/pages/FloydianTherapy.html

No comments: