Thursday, January 22, 2009

Upside is Still Possible, Before More Sell Off

Today or tomorrow historically may show a market high. Trading yesterday began with market low tests of 7896, and market upswing by 2.20 p.m. that allowed traders to buy the Feb400C at 11.00 and sell to highs of 12.60 to 13.00 in day trading. The market showed real fervor in its' move up. The market rode up 279 points by day end, erasing most of yesterday's losses. Study our Dow projections carefully, as we see a topping, and shift in sentiment, no later than Monday of next week. In other words, upside is still possible, before more sell off.

Our comments today are solely around the Dow, so study our support and resistance lines carefully. We see MORE upside, and MORE downside. Whipsaw.

From our subscribers:

"Purchased at 11.50. sold partials at 16. Had a sell order at 17, all gone......

Guess I'll have to ride the 460's up from here." BD

"Floyd nice on the new call. Got in at 11.50 and rode it to 16.00" I've hit 9 of last 10."-LS


Floydian Therapy:

Trader PC from Germany,utilizing our Advanced Mentoring and Floyd therapy:

Dear Floyd,

I wish you and your loved ones a peaceful and prosperous New Year.

You haven't heard much from me of late - for the reason that you have brought me to the point where I do not need to ask you anything concerning trading OEX Options but I am always "present" with you.

I now trade the OEX very successfully and at the close of the market I set myself the small daily target of "tomorrow's" trade selection and Dow projections in advance of your alert to see how close I am to you. I am pleased that I have rarely differed since mid-October, Ha! even today's Feb 460C. I was checking through the Feb premiums yesterday during the market. Although on the Count I seem constantly one point different from you but the bias is always the same.

I always feel a bit self-conscious making the following sort of comment but it is the making of it and not the truth or sentiment of it which makes me self-conscious and thus I have to say it. There have really only been 2 people in my life who made enormous contributions to the forming of me, to the extent that the effect from others is merely the odd touch of detail here or there.

These are my father and you. In essence the influence of you both is the same with equal weight if I discount the "weighting" which family has and see you both as men. In both cases it is not so much what you have both taught as what you have both inspired me and motivated me to find out for myself.

:-) I could make the claim that your switch from politics to esoterics just before Christmas were written just to me, especially your comments on fear and worry!!, at a time they were worth repeating to me, I make no small claim when I say that my contact with you has changed my life and your comment today concerning the Law of Attraction is spookily timely :-).

I recall asking you once how, from your background you had managed to lose $1/4 million by trading options. You answer to that started to rattle around inside me some time after you wrote it as applying to me. Since my "crash in 2005" as I now refer to it (so that I can treat it as a single event rather than the culmination of a decade of directionless apathy as it really was) I have studied myself in depth, as I continue to. This crash was a friendly obstacle, guiding pain to being a pivot point (pun intended) in my life and the path which came out of it led to you and, due to the "energy" imparted by you will continue. 2008 was sort of R1 in the bull trend of my life which started in 2005 which was Support 5 or something.

You wrote "I forgot to apply what I knew". This is what I had done in life. I trust you forgive me for borrowing this from you as I now use it if I speak to others on anything to do with their or my direction in life. We quote others because they say what we want to say but they have already said it better :-).

Some time ago you related your experience with an engineer who wanted to become and did become a beachcomber. I identified with him completely. I do not wish to become a beachcomber but I do identify with your client(?) in that, although I am very good at what I do for paid employment, far better than many I see, I have never had the slightest interest in it whatsoever and redundancy again at age 53 is one of the main props of why. At heart, in character and disposition I am a trader, I was a trader in options on racecourses at 21 and it was totally "me". I have never done anything in life with any enthusiasm since. I am often amazed at how well I can appear to be a motivated employee - pass me my oscar!!

2005 to 2008 were my apprentice years to returning to what I had forgotten to apply. In 2009 I graduate. I don't quite know what yet, nor how but it simply will be. I will break the chain of doing what I have been doing since I stopped horse trading. During this year, I will visit you and tell you over the beer. When I have done this I will know it is real.


You have to stop wearing your wishbone where your backbone should be.

Letting go is a scary enterprise for those of us who believe that the world revolves only because it has a handle on the top of it which we personally turn, and that if we were to drop this handle for even a moment that it might be the end of the universeJ

Cease your relentless participation.


Join me if you are interested in Private Counseling with Floydian Therapy:

Write me at : floydiantherapy@gmail.com

Sign up at: http://www.oexoptions.com/pages/FloydianTherapy.html

No comments: