Wednesday, November 26, 2008

My Goad Was to Make $5000 This Week

My goal was to make $5000.00 this week at OEX, and to quit by Wednesday noon. All I focused on, at home in Florida, sitting by the pool, was futures in the morning, general news on Bloomberg online, and the news with Brian Williams. I read no papers, and had no TV on for newsbites.

I sold 26 Dec440C for profits of 4346.00 yesterday, on the fourth day I had owned, and bought 2 Dec350P at 6.80 on Monday, doubled down, at sold at 7.40. The Dec440C I bought again at 10.90 on Tuesday, and sold same day for 13.00, netting 1260.00, and I made a quick buck of profits on the put....hitting my 5k goal for the week, and out. All three trades were profitable, and I did not make too much money. If I had held out on the 440C on Monday I "could have made" 18,000, but it is this type of thinking that breeds "GREED" and I never want to earn too much in such a short time. It's too risky.

I do not often talk about my trades, but yours. I list testimonials from subscribers, but in the case above my point is this:

1. I did not believe anything that anyone said. I just listened or read, and smiled.

2. I focused on a goal.

3. I used support/resistance and Dow projections and "worked for in/out trades." I was not greedy. I made fast decisions.

During this I knew that Obama picked a cracker jack economic team, and that Paulson came on TV and babbled about what he is doing (a trader in charge of our U.S. net worth, amazing), and Bloomberg costed out our promises to date to 7.6 trillion, not even a reality to any of us, and truly a nation now in debt to rehabilitate.

In recent weeks I've moved to the transpersonal nature of my work, which is knowing YOU, and understanding what REALLY is, not the silly half realities of Congress and the House pork bellying to get the 700 billion, or McCain "flying back." Note now that the reality is far changed, that the facts are constantly changing.

Proof may be in Citi, which 3 months ago was going to BUY bankrupt Wachovia, and now will take 300 billion plus from us to just stay afloat.

The lies are so insidious, I believe, and we are caught in so much "ballyhoo" that the real realities escape us.

In coming days I'll be sharing more of Floydism thinking, how to calm in a market, how to laugh at the facts, how to question what you have been taught. Some comments from our subscribers:

"Great writings. Your writings over the past week have been well worth the subscription fee alone. I've done more questioning of beliefs and what I've been taught in the last 2 weeks, than I have in my 29 year life.

Thanks,
Mike"



And from TP in Oregon:
"Is their more then one answer to the Rock subject?"

The answer is yes, and all are right. It is how we see something that makes it as it is. It is when we are absolute in our fact of this that we create war, and religion."


And then TP wrote again:

"Once you say a rock is hard then it can not ever be anything else easily. When you settle for a truth, it will be hard to change. :) When God talks to you, how do you know its God? Be like water, have no shape. The more I know the more I know I don't know. There ya go.."

What we know is what we both want to believe, and have been told. The very FACT that we only know so much is proof of what we do not know.

Thanks for being our subscribers. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours. We will be back with you Monday, December 1st, 2008, with NO alert on Friday

No comments: